Optimizing Assay Performance Through Liquid Handling Management
Learn the keys to success in automating your assay
This half-day course is designed to highlight and demonstrate important concepts that affect assay performance through management of your liquid handling. A strong focus will be on understanding the keys to optimizing your workflows, including liquid handling behavior characteristics, liquid classes, low volumes and method transfer. The course offers a balanced mix of engaging discussions and opportunities to apply the practical learned concepts to live systems. The course will have two offerings this year, a morning section and an afternoon section.Register Now
How You Will Benefit From This Course
- Understand key liquid handling behavior characteristics and how they translate to assay-specific tasks.
- Learn how to identify common factors that affect method transfer.
- Recognize quality aspects of liquid handling and the importance of accuracy and precision on liquid volume delivery.
- Learn how liquid handling parameters affect pipetting performance.
- Gain confidence in robotic performance and in assay results.
- Become more proficient in liquid handler use and problem solving
- Liquid Handling Overview: Review liquid handling fundamental concepts and factors that affect liquid delivery.
- Examining Liquid Classes: Understand the dynamics of liquid class differences and how those properties can affect pipetting performance.
- Aspirating, Dispensing, and Mixing Strategies: Explore the critical components of liquid transfer steps and examine how various parameters influence performance.
- Low-Volume Liquid Handling: The importance of accuracy and precision.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed with the new or beginning user of liquid handling devices in mind. However, anyone interested in basic principles of liquid handling and troubleshooting pipetting performance issues are encouraged to join.
- Scientists, Engineers and Analysts who work with automated liquid handlers
- Laboratory Managers & Supervisors
- Quality-Focused & Regulatory Compliance Professionals