Assay Workflow Essentials: Guidance and Optimization of Automated Liquid Handlers
This special 2 hour workshop, offered to Bristol Myers Squibb, will introduce participants to important concepts that affect the quality and efficiency of liquid handling performance. With a balanced mix of interactive discussions and video demonstrations, this course will review common liquid handling challenges, pitfalls, and best practices.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed with the new or beginner liquid handler user in mind. However, anyone interested in the basic principles of automated liquid handling and troubleshooting pipetting performance issues are encouraged to join.
- Automation Engineers and Analysts
- Laboratory Managers & Supervisors
How You Will Benefit:
- Become more proficient in liquid handler use and problem solving.
- Learn how liquid properties and liquid handling parameters can affect pipetting performance.
- Understand key liquid handling behavior characteristics and how they translate to assay-specific tasks.
- Learn how to identify common pitfalls that affect method transfer.
- Recognize the importance of accuracy and precision on liquid volume delivery and assay outcomes.
- Gain confidence in robotic performance and assay results.
- Liquid Handling Overview: Review fundamental liquid handling concepts and factors that affect both manual and automated pipetting.
- Examining Liquid Classes: Understand the importance of different liquid classes and how fluid properties can affect pipetting performance.
- Aspirating, Dispensing, and Mixing Strategies: Explore the critical components of liquid transfer steps and examine how individual parameters influence performance.
- Troubleshooting strategies and case study discussions.
See all the ways Artel helps big pharma, biotechs, CROs, instrument manufacturers, and diagnostics companies generate data and deliver services that they and their customers can trust.