Sr. Sales Manager
The Artel Sr. Sales Manager will manage the sales team responsible for the Artel product line within Advanced Instruments. Reporting into the Sr Manager will be a team of field-based Account Managers. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Go-To-Market strategy and the execution of it, with the expectations that the organization, processes, culture and systems will drive the growth projections of the company. The person will work as a colleague and partner with all functional leaders within the company to develop the strategic plan and execution of it, to support a fast-growing business. A strong collaboration with the product management team is of crucial importance.
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all of our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve personally meaningful goals which make a difference to the world and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key ingredients in their professional growth and personal job satisfaction.
- Install a strong performance-oriented sales team which is focused on developing new customer relationships to expand market penetration and growth.
- Support the strong reputation of the Artel product line.
- Ensure the team generates an adequate pipeline of opportunities, and drive results that meet or exceed budget.
- Develop strong customer CRM database to support focused marketing activities.
- Set up of annual budgets and related strategic plans.
- Manage a strong and reliable forecasting process with the sales team
- Build strong customer relationships including KOL’s.
- Drive successful new product introductions.
- Be a vocal point to the functional leaders to discuss/develop strategic planning.
- Provide VOC input to define next generation instrument need
- Travel to customer locations with the team to provide sales coaching and assist with customer negotiations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, prioritization skills and feels comfortable working in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or other similar CRM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to use basic office equipment: computer, printer, copier, telephone, etc.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Must be capable of clearly communicating with customers and colleagues.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employer sponsorship.
Education & Professional Experience
- Five plus years relevant sales management experience with a track record of building and leading teams to meet growth targets.
- BS or higher degree in Life Sciences, MBA also preferred.