Mid-Atlantic Account Manager
The Mid-Atlantic Account Manager is a critically important role with the mission of providing advanced solutions to life science laboratories challenged with difficult and demanding lab processes. Artel’s strategic business objective is to assist our client partners in meeting their productivity and quality goals. We are looking for a team member to grow and manage our presence in the Mid-Atlantic region. The ideal candidate will have experience in life science sales coupled with a background in laboratory processes, with a proven track record of successfully developing and managing accounts in the pharmaceutical, diagnostics, synthetic biology, genomics, CRO/CMO and biotechnology space.
We are adding an Account Manager to our customer facing team in response to Artel’s expanding position as a laboratory partner with leading life science clients, and to support their growing requirements for increased laboratory productivity through more accurate and precise assays, optimized liquid handling and more efficient processes. In this critically important role, you will be challenged with discovering customer needs and aspirations, structuring unique and powerful solutions, and nurturing beneficial and sustainable relationships. You will have the chance to capitalize on your understanding of life science technology and your expertise in sales, and to exercise your talents in problem solving, leadership, communication, and teamwork.
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel succeeds in fulfilling our purpose of improving peoples’ lives through important advancements in laboratory science. Your contributions will be key. At Artel, you will work in a professional environment that motivates and inspires all of us to be the best we can be, and to achieve personally meaningful goals which make a difference to the world and of which we can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key ingredients in professional growth and personal job satisfaction.
As Mid-Atlantic Account Manager you will be depended upon to make substantive contributions to Artel’s growth in the life science markets and its leadership position in the laboratory industry – through implementing strategic sales/marketing programs for the current and future range of products and services. You will have responsibility for a critical portion of Artel’s revenue objectives.
In support of your mission of developing new and strengthening existing accounts, you will work closely with other members of the Artel team – including senior management, R&D, inside and outside field representatives, marketing, technical and customer services personnel. You will become familiar with the spectrum of needs and opportunities inherent in our customer profiles. Critically, you will develop expertise in Artel technology, the core workflow processes in which it can play a role, and the substantial benefits Artel products and services can bring to laboratories. As well, you will take the lead in connecting and interacting with a wide range of client personnel including laboratory, procurement, operations, and corporate management at all account locations. Your success will be measured by Artel’s customers’ success.
As a strategically important representative in a highly competitive market:
- Pioneer productive relationships with new accounts and expand Artel’s relationships with our key current accounts, through insightful comprehension of their technology requirements and their business objectives.
- Understand and address the critical needs and goals of laboratories within the pharmaceutical, diagnostics, synthetic biology, genomics, CRO/CMO and biotechnology space that utilize analytical instrumentation and complex processes which demand exceptional accuracy and performance.
- Sell on value and improved outcomes, with a high level of understanding of the customer ROI potential derived from the benefits inherent in Artel products and services.
- Continually expand your comprehension of our customers’ corporate objectives and strategy, and the critical connection of these with laboratory operations.
- Ensure sustainability of account relationships at all levels, through keeping abreast of account needs and aspirations and providing value with new solutions.
As a team player who thrives in a collaborative culture:
- Take the leadership role in the penetration of new accounts and in the development of existing accounts in the Mid-Atlantic territory.
- Work in close coordination with internal team members at headquarters and with external sales and technical reps.
- Utilize established industry contacts to accelerate effective account mapping and networking.
- Engage with customer leaders, users, and influencers at individual account sites, as well as at industry, market, and technical events.
- Collaborate with management and other stakeholders at Artel to craft and provide unique and powerful solutions to assist our accounts achieve their business objectives.
- Play a critical role in definition and roll-out of new products and services.
- Contribute to strategic planning through identification and effective communication of market gaps, needs and opportunities to Artel senior management and functional leaders.
Travel required. Compensation includes base salary and incentive plan against key performance indicators.
- Exceptional integrity and high degree of personal accountability.
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to work independently.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of laboratory science.
- Ability to excel both as a leader and to thrive as a contributor to a team.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, and resilient; with a positive attitude and continual enthusiasm for addressing challenges.
- Disciplined and organized in managing time, travel, and resources.
- Skilled with current office and communications technology. Facility with LinkedIn required, and with Salesforce a plus.
- Exceptional comportment appropriate to representing Artel as an industry leader.
- Located in the New Jersey or Pennsylvania area with easy access to our key client base.
Education & Professional Experience
- Demonstrated ability, through at least 5 years of sales experience, to deliver and exceed sales targets in life sciences markets.
- Undergraduate degree in science or technology with high academic standing. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5-10 years in a life sciences laboratory, including work with automated liquid handling processes, assays, and instrumentation a plus. Experience in using Artel products/services preferred.
- Familiarity with the workflows and processes of biotechnology research, biomanufacturing, drug discovery and development; and with the organizational structures within our target client base.