Laboratory Applications Specialist
To support the expanded application of Artel technology and continued growth of our customer base throughout the country, we are adding a Laboratory Applications Specialist to our Technical Services team. This elite group leads the industry in solving liquid handling process and assay issues critical to laboratory productivity and the data integrity of test results. In this position, you will work closely with our customer laboratories using and conducting training seminars for customers on both automated and manual liquid handling instrumentation. You will team up with RD&E and Sales/Marketing to support Artel products and apply new applications. You will also deliver the newly ISO 17025 accredited Artel Liquid Handling Services – ranging from training laboratory technologists in liquid handling best practices (for pipettes and automated liquid handlers) to verification and optimization of customers’ automated liquid handler processes, working with virtually the full range of robotic platforms in the industry.
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all of our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve goals which are personally meaningful, which make a difference to the world, and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key elements to their professional growth and their personal job satisfaction.
- Providing customized liquid handler performance verification services using the Artel MVS technology.
- Assisting customers with troubleshooting and optimizing their liquid handling instrumentation and assays.
- Performing Artel systems installations, validations and trainings for customers in the field.
- Delivering product demonstrations and supporting product trials at customer sites.
- Educating customers on the proper usage of liquid handling equipment, both automated and manual pipettes.
- Interpreting and analyzing customer needs; developing new solutions, writing application notes and educating customers in their beneficial usage.
- Assisting with account development by maintaining strong relationships with Artel’s customers and seeking out additional contacts to expand our reach within accounts.
- Promoting use of Artel products and services to assist customers in optimizing lab productivity and maintaining compliance.
- Supporting Artel trade show, technical meeting, best practices workshop and market development programs.
- Assisting with conception and development of new Artel product and service offerings.
- First-hand knowledge of liquid handling instrumentation (both automated liquid handlers and manual pipettes) and familiarity with associated processes, method development and applications.
- Previous tenure with laboratory robotics company desired.
- Proven skill with assay development, optimization and automation of assays preferred.
- Superior communication skills in speech and writing.
- Ability to travel to customer sites, tradeshows, technical meetings, and to the Artel home office.
- Record of success in capacities where there is a premium on self-motivation, organization, multi-tasking, prioritization, and independent work.
- PC literate, and proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows, as it relates to installations and scientific applications.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software preferred.
- Experience with audits, and familiarity with regulations and standards such as GMP, GLP, ISO and FDA.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employer sponsorship.
Education & Professional Experience
- Graduate degree in sciences preferred (MS, PhD).
- Minimum of three years of industry experience in laboratory, technical services or technical sales.
- Consideration will be applied to a candidate having a strong record of previous field service/application support experience, in lieu of graduate degree.