Technical Support and
The new addition to our Technical Services team will be challenged with a multi-faceted set of activities, and must be organized, flexible, energetic, motivated, and insightful. An understanding, familiarity, and proven facility with laboratory technologies and methods are the foundation for this position; exceptional communications and relationship building skills – the quality which sets the Artel team apart from our peers in this industry – are the hallmarks of an Artel Technical Support and Training Specialist.
The successful candidate will provide technical support services direct from Artel, as well as at the customer’s site. Once you have gained a complete grasp of Artel technologies, products and services under the guidance of senior teammates – you will deliver support to customers via phone and email. As your skill sets build, you will go to customer labs, and provide installation, training and preventive maintenance services for Artel products: PCS® Pipette Calibration System, MVS® Multichannel Verification System, deliver Pipetting Technique and Certification seminars, and support new products as they are added. With increased experience and gaining of expertise, you will be a candidate for delivering Artel Liquid Handling Service – ranging from training laboratory technologists in liquid handling best practices (for pipettes and automated liquid handlers) to verification and optimization of customers’ automated liquid handling processes. Additionally, you will assist the sales and marketing teams by attending tradeshows and performing product demonstrations.
- A high degree of personal accountability and integrity.
- Superior work ethic, self-motivation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
- Comfort and capability with information technology (MS Office, MS SQL, SalesForce or other CRM, Cloudsuite or other ERP); laboratory informatics skills a plus.
- Familiarity with regulations and standards including GMP, GLP, ISO; capability to operate in a regulated customer environment.
- Skills and speed in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in speech and writing.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and tradeshows.
- A high degree of professionalism, comportment appropriate to being an Artel ambassador to our customers.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employer sponsorship.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in the sciences, completed with superior academic results. (Consideration will be applied to a candidate having a strong record of previous laboratory and field service/technical support experience, in lieu of degree.).
- Experience in laboratory procedures and methods.
- Experience in providing technical support and training.