Thousands of life sciences laboratories worldwide depend on Artel technology to ensure the integrity of their test results. By providing powerful instrument-based systems and specifically targeted services, we are making it possible for laboratories in drug discovery & development, clinical diagnostics, forensics, genomics & proteomics, and other laboratories running critical test procedures to have total confidence in their results – while maintaining compliance and optimizing productivity.
Artel is the global technology leader in ultra-low volume liquid measurement and liquid handling quality assurance. Artel calibration and verification systems are unsurpassed for accuracy, precision, and ease of use. These products utilize Artel proprietary technology to ensure and optimize the performance of laboratory instrumentation such as automated liquid handlers and handheld pipettes. Artel value-added services, based on Artel technology and the most rigorous in the industry, are key ingredients for our customers in their quest to optimize laboratory productivity, compliance, and quality.
Artel’s people – through their innovation in technology and their focus on helping our customers tackle their most critical challenges – are making significant contributions to the speed of development of new pharmaceutical products, the dependability of clinical diagnostic results, the accuracy of forensic tests, and the containment of health care costs. We are fortunate to be involved in an exciting, growing, and challenging field – and are gratified that our world-class efforts have put us in a leadership position.
We have a full-time opening for a Shipping Associate. This position is part of the Supply Chain team in our Business Infrastructure Department. We have a fast-paced, build to stock environment shipping products to our customers, many of whom are on the leading edge of Covid-19 diagnostics and vaccine development. While laser-focused on top notch shipping performance this position will have opportunities to learn and participate in other supply chain activities (e.g. inventory management, procurement).
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve personally meaningful goals which make a difference to the world and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key ingredients in their professional growth and personal job satisfaction. The health and safety of all Artel employees is our primary concern. Working on site you will find that we have implemented clear policies and procedures to keep everyone safe during the current pandemic. A management team is continuously evaluating and updating these procedures as outside conditions change.
The shipping associate will have responsibility for picking, packing, and shipping daily domestic and international customer orders in a timely and accurate manner. Our products have serial numbers and lot numbers, and careful attention must be paid to transacting products correctly. Aside from the physical picking and safe packing of goods, the SA will utilize our Infor CloudSuite Industrial ERP software to fetch orders to be shipped, to transact these orders, and then to run the integration with our carrier software (for example, UPS Worldship, FedEx, and various LTL carrier systems).
The Shipping Associate will also be trained in a range of other supply chain activities such as cycle counting and inspection. There are opportunities for growth in other supply chain areas for a motivated and capable candidate.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieve and organize all orders for the day from the ERP dispatch list
- Pick and pack orders, carefully recording lot and/or serial information
- Perform shipping transactions in the ERP system and ensure that the integration with carrier software has occurred
- Perform end of day close for carrier software
- Utilize the Automated Export System for international shipments
- Provide timely shipping cost estimates to outside sales staff
- Cycle count finished goods as directed to ensure accurate inventory
- Trouble shoot shipping issues and customer inquiries that arise and work to solve them
- Perform assigned supply chain tasks when not shipping
- Solid basic mathematical aptitude
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to communicate clearly (in writing, for example email, and verbally)
- Conscientious attention to detail, and the ability to learn and follow detailed work instructions
- Skill in problem solving
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- Friendly, excellent people skills
- Valid driver’s license
Education and Professional Experience
- Prior pick/pack/ship experience using computer systems is significant
- High School diploma, GED, minimum requirement
- Success working in a team environment