R&D Scientist I
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all of our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve goals which are personally meaningful, which make a difference to the world, and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key elements to their professional growth and their personal job satisfaction. The health and safety of all Artel employees is our primary concern. Working on site you will find that we have implemented clear policies and procedures to keep everyone safe during the current pandemic. A management team is continuously evaluating and updating these procedures as outside conditions change.
- Assist in designing experiments for MVS, PCS and other development activities.
- Competently perform experiments as designed, applying rigorous attention to detail.
- Maintain careful notes when conducting experiments, keeping track of procedures, raw data, analysis, and summaries in a way that is both easily understandable and accessible to others.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot and correct issue.
- Organize, prioritize and complete work to meet expected project schedule(s).
- Follow the Design Control Procedure as required by the Quality Management System.
- Potential responsibilities may include:
- Train on applicable ISO 17025 Artel Laboratory processes to perform R&D testing in controlled environment.
- Deliver the Artel Liquid Handling Service (ALHS), comprising calibration, verification and optimization of automated liquid handling instrumentation at client laboratories.
- Support Applications Team activities on a limited basis (4-8 hours/week).
- High degree of personal accountability and integrity.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
- Superior information technology skills (desktop applications, Microsoft Office, analytics).
- Capability to operate in a regulated environment adhering to ISO and FDA regulations.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of professionalism, comportment appropriate to being an Artel ambassador to its customers.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing laboratory environment, lifting chemicals and equipment (20 kg).
- Required to pass a pipetting proficiency and certification course.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- First hand knowledge of liquid handling instrumentation (both automated liquid handlers and manual pipettes) and familiarity with associated processes and applications.
- Working knowledge of NGS, pharmaceutical sciences, genomic testing, etc. preferred.
Education & Professional Experience
- B.S. in Chemistry (or equivalent science degree).
- 1 to 3 years laboratory experience (preferably related to Life Science).