Calibration Laboratory Chemist
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve personally meaningful goals which make a difference to the world and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key ingredients in their professional growth and personal job satisfaction. The health and safety of all Artel employees is our primary concern. Working on site you will find that we have implemented clear policies and procedures to keep everyone safe during the current pandemic. A management team is continuously evaluating and updating these procedures as outside conditions change.
- Ensure product quality by performing test, calibrations, and inspections of products (instrumentation and test kits) at various stages according to approved procedures and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Review reports and results of all test and calibrations performed in the Artel Laboratory, ensure appropriate control of all test and calibration activities.
- Manufacture liquid test kit “consumables” in response to varying production needs.
- Apply rigorous attention to detail, meet schedules for output, utilize the Artel’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, test, analyze, report and document results as needed.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot and correct issue.
- Organize, prioritize and complete work to achieve defined turnaround times and expectations.
- Demonstrate and document competency in areas of assigned responsibility.
- High degree of personal accountability and integrity.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
- Superior information technology skills (desktop applications, Microsoft Office, analytics).
- Capability to operate in a regulated environment adhering to ISO and FDA regulations.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of professionalism, comportment appropriate to being an Artel ambassador to its customers.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing laboratory environment, lifting chemicals and equipment (20 kg).
- Required to pass a pipetting proficiency and certification course.
- Working knowledge of cGmp, ISO 9001 and ISO17025.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
Education and Experience
B. S. in Chemistry (or equivalent Science degree)