Business Development Representative: Inside Sales
We are adding the Business Developer to our customer facing team in response to Artel’s expanding position as a laboratory partner with major life science accounts globally, and to support their growing requirements for increased laboratory productivity through more accurate and precise assays, optimized liquid handling and more efficient processes.
If you are this candidate, as part of the Artel family you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all of us to be the best we can be – and to achieve goals which are personally meaningful, which make a difference to the world, and of which we can be proud. You will work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment to create and deliver some of the industry’s highest quality and most effective marketing initiatives. You will experience a company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities that will be key elements to your professional growth and personal job satisfaction.
The Business Development role will lead a program for researching and prospecting potentials accounts to help grow the business. This person will identify opportunities, develop a communications plan, start conversations, and work with account managers to move all the appropriate qualified contacts along the buying journey.
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Research potential accounts, identify key contacts within an account, and initiate communications program to facilitate engagement with contacts.
- Qualify contacts based on potential, specific product/service applications that provide value and improve outcomes.
- Route qualified contacts to the appropriate account managers for further development, including mapping out and coordinating meetings between the account manager and qualified contact.
Capabilities & Competencies
- Exceptional integrity and high degree of personal accountability.
- Superior written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated and goal oriented.
- Exceptionally persistent and resilient, with a positive attitude and continual enthusiasm for addressing challenges.
- Skilled with internal and external communications platforms, e.g., Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, LinkedIn, as well as participating in customer and market specific communities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Education and Professional Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Proven inside sales experience a plus.
- Laboratory experience a plus.